Having rhinoplasty, which is a nose job, is a pretty major decision. The nose is one of the most prominent features of the face and changing it will therefore also completely alter your look. Hence, you must find the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Chicago if you want to have it completed. Rhinoplasty is an incredibly demanding and very complex type of surgery. It is vital, therefore, that the surgeon is incredibly experienced specifically in this procedure and not just plastic surgery in general. The following tips may be of benefit to you.
Finding the Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Chicago
- Make sure that your surgeon has a personal and professional interest in rhinoplasty. They must be truly passionate about what they do. While a surgeon can become licensed to perform rhinoplasty through relevant training, you should try to find someone whose understanding of the procedure is more than just the basics.
- Try to find a surgeon who will also address concerns about your airways. You may not have any airway concerns but, if the surgery is done without taking this into consideration, you may develop breathing problems afterwards. A good surgeon will make a point of also improving people’s breathing ability following a rhinoplasty. This is only possible if they completely understand the airway and have a full understanding of the dynamics and anatomy of the nasal passages.
- Pick a surgeon who has completed advanced rhinoplasty training. Ensure their knowledge is fully up-to-date and that they complete regular continuous education courses specific to the nose job.
- Ask your surgeon about external and endonasal approaches and what their preference is. While it is fine for them to have a preference, it is important that they are at least comfortable with both types of procedures.
- Make sure you are comfortable with the surgeon’s bedside manner and personality. Naturally, the artistry and skills of the surgeon are the most important thing but it is also important that you feel you can ask questions and that your surgeon is both patient and accessible, including after your surgery. Unfortunately, a lot of patients ignore this very important and find that they’re recovery. Is complex and lengthy as a result.
There are a number of other things you can and should do, one of which is to find reviews from other patients who have had rhinoplasty. It is likely that the surgeon’s own website will show numerous before and after pictures but you should try to find some that have come from independent sources. This will guarantee that you are seeing a variety of honest reviews. Do also check the surgeon’s listing with the Better Business Bureau, as this also shows whether they have received any complaints and how these were handled. Additionally, it shows whether or not the surgeon is currently facing or has in the past faced litigation. At the end of the day, you only have one nose and it is essential that you are 100% sure before you make a permanent change to it.